Being that Gage will turn 1 in less than a week...I have been in major "reflection mode" lately! For example...this very day in 2008 mom and I were sitting in a hotel room in Philadelphia for a VERY LONG four days waiting for Tuesday (Monday was Labor Day) when we could call the hospital to tell them we went against their medical advice and came on anyway...we were in hiding! The reason they gave us medical advice NOT to come to Philly was due to the fact that I had been bleeding for 4 days and my doctor in Macon could not explain it or figure it out...it could have been a lot of different things-however-we knew we could not stay for Gage's sake, we had to get on that plane!
For the next four days...
We ate a lot of Denny's and a lot at the "Diner" that was right next door.
We read a lot, cried a lot, prayed a lot, and we...WAITED!
It's amazing to think it's been a year! And Gage is such a blessing!
ReplyDeleteI remember standing in Target and talking to you on the phone after you landed in Philadelphia. I didn't tell you then, but I was scared to death. God is good. He has done far beyond what I ever asked Him for you...more than I dared to imagine!
ReplyDelete