Saturday, March 27, 2010

Why do you go to Sunday School?

Chris and I go for reasons just like last night! We had our "March social" at our house. We are in a class with people our age, older, and then a little older than that :) We are building new relationships and deepening old ones. Some of these people have been our friends since I was 18 years old (I will turn 29 in October). Some of these people's prayer got us to Philadelphia and back...and so did their finances. Chris and I have grown to love and respect every one of them for various reasons, but the main one is...they run the race and they keep the faith. We are working on reaching out and reaching in. We are working on taking time out of "life" to spend time with each other. Does it make a difference? It makes all the difference. We go to Sunday School so that we can be open, real, encourage and be encouraged. We go because that is how we were raised, and when our faith became our own and then when it was tested, these people that poured their lives into ours and us into theirs...they were there, they are there, and they will be there. We go to Sunday School so that when Gage is 30 years old and his wife is blogging, she will be able to say the same thing about their parents as we say about ours...that we are all blessed beyond belief!

2 comments: