Well...for months after I became a mom I prayed for my "place"... at home, at church, at work, and just in life. I went from being involved in too many things to being involved in what I thought was nothing...just being a mom. For those months I spent searching to find myself, it turned out for the first year of his precious life, Gage was my ministry, is my ministry, and will be until God calls us home. That said, there had to be something more to it for me. I wanted there to be something "in ministry" that Chris, Gage, and I could all do together. If you read my previous post, you know that God provided an opportunity for us to be involved in local missions in a neighborhood near our home. Gage will grow up, as Chris and I did, knowing that there are people that don't look like him, smell like him, talk like him, and it is our prayer that he will grow to love them with the love of the Lord. Did God stop there? In the words of my dad...I thought you would never ask...
Not only did I pray for a opportunity to minister, I prayed for a desire to read God's word, so what did He do? He put it on the heart of a girl I teach with to start a Bible Study...there are 6 girls in our group- all as crazy as I am- which makes it very interesting and encouraging! In that Bible study that I also referred to in my previous post I was reminded that God is the ultimate provider. See...I hate debt...I hate to owe anyone money...including credit cards, hospital bills, etc. I guess you could call it worry, but I like call it a "concern" when it comes to money. Even though God has provided for our every need and want...I still "concern" myself with the area of finances...so what did God do? He provided money for us to pay off our credit card bill (more that we could ever think)...and then He provided some more money for that unexpected hospital bill (and more that we can imagine). He is too good! Does he just take care of the big things you ask? NO- we recently gave away our dog, Bella, she had a bad habit of using the bathroom all over our hallway carpet and since our scare with Gage possibly having asthma it seemed the perfect time to give her away. Unfortunately when Bella moved out, her stains stayed...so what did God do? He provided some great men to rip up the carpet and put down hard wood floors...the verse is true that says that if God provides food for the birds, He will take care of us too. He is a great God, and we are undeserving, but ever-so-grateful children!
What has He done for you lately?
God has given me beautiful wonderful friends like you !
ReplyDeleteGod revealed to me an answer to a quesstion I've been asking Him for a while now!
ReplyDelete