Saturday, October 2, 2010

I thought I was in love when...

I walked down the aisle on October 1, 2005. At that very moment when I looked to Chris, it was then I thought...it can't possibly get any better than this! We went to Charleston on our honeymoon. We came home to our trailer (at $425 a month rent) and started living like married people. We eventually got a house, a dog, and had a baby...everything "normal" married people do. However, as I looked around, and talked with other people, I discovered something very quickly...Chris and I...were not...and are not...normal. You see, we wake up every day thankful to have each other in our own bed. We talk, we laugh, we cry. When given the choice to go hang out with a group or be together at home, 9 times out of 10 we choose together. We grew up the same way and were raised the same way, and for the most part, we are the same page when it comes to raising Gage. We are simple people who live a simple life, and it WORKS. We don't have to keep up with the Jones'. We don't have to have the best of everything. We have always been taught that enough is as good as a feast, and we have more than enough. Chris doesn't say a whole lot, but when he speaks, people listen. He is smart, he is handsome, and he is funny. He doesn't mix words, he will tell you like it is. He has the strongest love for God and for family that I have ever seen (next to my own dad). He knows me like a book, and is NOT afraid to read it out loud to me when necessary. He spares my feelings, but tells the truth in love. He does not care to impress people...he is what he is ...if you like him fine, if not, fine. Chris is a DEEP thinker and has this amazing love and respect for music. He is often mistaken for shy and sometimes cold, but he is passionate about the things that matter to him, and things that matter to me. I LOVE to watch him him with kids- not just Gage- all kids. He is drawn to them, and they are to him (much like his own dad). I could go on and on about my best friend. As I said before, when we got married, I thought I could not love Chris any more...and then do you know what happened? The next day came...and the next...and with it came a deeper, sweeter love for my sweet husband. Time, experience, kids, and above all, the Lord has kept us together these 5 years, with another 75 to follow. Chris and I love deep, laugh often, and talk daily...that coupled with the Lord's guidance and grace...proves again that we are blessed beyond belief!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary my sweet friend! Jason and I love you guys so much. See you in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...beyond all we can ask or imagine....that's just His way....Happy Anniversary my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this makes me really excited to get married one day. happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete