It was on this night during my pregnancy with Gage that I was admitted to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. I was 3 cm dialated and 75% effaced...this little boy was coming soon. 5 weeks early. Mom and I are waiting and praying for Chris' plane to land and he's trying to get to me as fast as he can. He makes it...we have our last childless night...Gage will come tomorrow. Many of you know how the story goes...the next morning I abrupted and the doctor called for an emergency c-section. In a nutshell, Gage was born, had surgery 5 days later, recovered and grew, and 5 weeks after that we headed to Milledgeville. God performed a miracle!
My point?
Anything that happens after tomorrow morning around 7:30am will be all new for us. It's already been a whole new ball game with Carter...no plane rides, no weekly sonograms, no life or death birth defects, no...etc but after tomorrow I will be "pregnanter" than I have ever been before. That, to me, is a miracle! Chris and I were a little gun shy for a while about even having another baby, but God was sweet enough to allow us to get pregnant again. He's been sweet enough to let us stay close to home, and I know He'll be sweet enough to see us through.
Carter is breech, and we are praying that everything goes as smooth as possible with his birth, but one thing is for certain, God has gone before us, is with us, and will follow behind us! Isn't it just like our gracious and merciful God to be the same God of "normal" pregnancies that He is of "at risk" pregnancies. The God that spared, protected, and healed Gage Brown in Philadelphia is the same God who will watch over his little brother in Macon. How comforting! I sure do love our God.
Carter...come when you are ready. Your daddy, mommy, and big brother are ready to meet you. I know that God can and will handle your how and when, just know that we are anxious to hold you, smell you, give our God praises for you. These things I write about tonight, my sweet boy, reminds me that we are blessed beyond belief!
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment