Dear Gage-
Hey sweet boy! You have been heavy on my mind and heart these past few days as the time draws near for Carter to come. As you know- or understand the best your little three year old mind can- he will be here on Thursday. This "knowledge" you have has contributed to some major crying fits, clinging to us every spare second, and constant worry about daddy and I "leaving" you. I am super emotional too, and to see you so upset breaks my heart. As I have talked to friend after friend they say we are both perfectly normal to be so upset. I just want you to know how excited I am about you being a big brother. Gage, you have so much to offer Carter. You have so much to teach and show him. You are such a sweet, smart, and fun loving little boy, yall will not be able to help but fall in love with each other. Long term I can envision many wrestling matches, tents being built, and spend the night parties in your room. For the here and now I can envision you holding him, feeding him his bottle, reading him books, and making sure he is well entertained. You have such a sweet spirit and I know once we make this big transition as a family, it will seem as though he has always been here.
Guess what little buddy? This is hard for me too. It's just been the three of us for over three years now. I've never had to share my time with anyone else. I've never had to juggle both juice cups and bottles. I've never had to change diapers and make sure you were making it IN the potty at the same time. I say all that to say this...your daddy and I will have to make adjustments in our "world" too. One thing I have learned though is that I will have PLENTY of love for both of you boys. I have been told that my time will be divided, but my love will be multiplied. The closer Thursday gets, the more my heart believes what my ears have been hearing. I don't think either of realize how blessed we are...think about all the people who love us and are going to help with this new phase. First and foremost is our God. He, after all, is the one who formed Carter and created his every detail. After that we have your daddy. Gage Brown, your daddy is the best there is. He loves us more than the breath he breathes and I don't know what we would do without him. If they weren't enough we have your four AMAZING grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, Church family, and friends. You and I are in the most ideal situation possible. Your Pap reminded me of this very fact this morning.
So, what do you say? Let's take a deep breath and jump! You, daddy, and me! What a team! One day at a time, moment by moment, let's all be there for each other. Gage, your daddy and I love you so very much. We are so proud of the little boy that you have become, and the big boy you are becoming. We are excited to see what God is going to do in your life, and how he is going to use you to make a difference in Carter's. We are blessed to be your parents...blessed beyond belief!
No comments:
Post a Comment