I had the perfect ending to the perfect pregnancy.
I had a precious baby who weighed 9 pounds and 4 ounces.
I was able to nurse this big boy and put aside all preconceived notions and fears.
Because of that I was able to watch him go from 9 pounds to almost 13 in just a short time.
I was able to reflect on God's grace and mercy.
I was able to pick Gage up early every day and we even played hooky a few days too!
I was able to watch Gage grow from a baby into a big boy overnight!
I was able to...on and on and on.
Tomorrow brings sadness as my time with Carter ends, but it also starts a new chapter for Gage. I will register him for "school" tomorrow. Come August he will ride with me every day and will attend the 3 year old program at Head Start at our school. How can he be old enough? I remember when I was out with him on maternity leave thinking about these times to come, and now they are here. Time truly FLIES.
I am blessed that Chris' dad and my mom will split the week so that Carter can stay home for the next few months before starting Day Care in the Fall. I know that they will all enjoy that...they will never know how much Chris and I appreciate them for this, and for all that they do.
I would not turn back the hands of time for anything in the world. Each and every stage in the life of my boys has become my favorite. The sweet cries when they are hungry or need a diaper change. The little smiles and coos when the newborn starts to fade. The legs kicking and arms flapping as they start to move around a bit. The tracking and looking for people as he knows each voice. The scooting, rolling, first foods, crawling, walking...it's all been my favorite. The reading books until we are blue in the face. The "ah ha moments" when they learn new things. The trains, the animals, the laughter, the baths, the talks, the stories, and the "Jesus songs". It is ALL my favorite. I look forward to all the new beginnings as well. I am realizing, however, that welcoming new things means letting go of old ones. It means change...something I am not great with...but something that is vital in order to live life to the fullest...the life that Jesus gave His life for.
So...tonight I say... goodbye maternity leave...hello Head Start...and thank you God for blessing our family...you continue to do more that we could ever think or imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment