Dear Gage and Carter-
I love you both so very much. I am proud to be your mommy. I am thankful to be a "boys mom" and would not trade a dinosaur for a hairbow, nor a Thomas train for a pair of ballet slippers for one second!
Gage- you are God's grace in the flesh. His reminder that miracles still happen...
Carter- you are an example of God's sweet mercy. His reminder than He can be trusted...again and again.
Gage- I know that I am, at times, too protective. I also know that I have probably created and/or fed your fears by my constant "be careful buddy", "watch out buddy", etc. I am trying to give you some growing room, but it's hard. For the first 6 six weeks of your life we watched every rise and fall of your chest and prayed God would let you live. For the first year 6 months I charted every ounce of milk you drank, and counted your every poop. I am thankful God allowed you a chance at life! Not only do you live, you live hard! I cannot wait to see what God has in store for your life. I cannot promise your life will be easy, in fact I can promise you quite the opposite. However...I pray that like Nehemiah...you will be strong and steadfast and that you will not come down from the wall God calls you to build. Robert "Gage" Brown, I am proud to call you my son.
Carter- You are clearly the second child. You fall, you cry, you fill your diaper and it can wait just "one more second little man". Your daddy and I laugh constantly when you are around. Your expressions, your rough housing, your lack of all things orderly, and of course your wrestling matches with Gage. We all adore you Matthew "Carter" Brown and are thankful God sent you our way...you complete us!
Until September 4, 2008 there had been two MAJOR times God gave me a glimpse of His love. His unconditional love. His "I gave my only son for you" love. That was the day I asked Him in my heart, and the day I married your daddy. He has since given me two more glimpses...being a mother to the two of you!
My precious boys...there are no words to describe what Mothers Day means to me. It is a day for me to remember when, to embrace today, and to anicipate tomorrow. I pray for you daily...for your protection and innocence, for your salvation, for your life decisions, and for your wives.
I love you boys...to the moon and back!
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment