Sunday, February 13, 2011

A good message...

What did I get out of church today?

I need to GROW UP...spiritually speaking! Children do childish things and like children should, but as adults, we need to act like we are such. Not just adults, but Christian adults, set apart by God, to show the world there is a difference in us!

I was given a measure of grace by God...not for myself, but to pour out on others. When that grace "runs out", God is right there with more, and more, and more. I was reminded of how much grace has been given to me, who am I not to share mine with other people?

I was called to L O V E my brothers and sisters in Christ. Not judge them. Not listen to gossip about them, or spread it about them. Not "keep my distance" in an order to be safe. Not contribute to making our church looking like the world, but to help make church a safe place, a place for healing and helping. I am convinced that what the "world" wants to see is ONE thing. They want to see someone who walks their talk. We have heard it a million times, but it is so true. They don't want someone who can tell them how spiritual they are, how many times they read the Bible through or went to church. What does this matter if we don't have love? If we are so head smart, but heart stupid, is God impressed? The answer I was reminded of today...no! It's now about the songs we sing, the time our services start, the programs we have, the things we agree or don't agree on...its about 2 things...loving God and loving people.

I told Chris today. I am over it. I am ready to grow up. I am ready to draw a line in the sand at work and at school. When things don't go my way. Grace. When I don't agree. Grace. When people make me mad. Grace. When I hear the latest rumor. Grace. I want Chris to have a wife and Gage to have a mom that is too busy giving grace to stop and make it her job to judge or condem. I want people to tell them- wow God is all over her. I can tell she loves her God, loves her family, and loves other people. I don't want to be distracted by things that don't matter, but rather I want to love and extend the grace that is so freely given to me time after time after time. Chris said, let's pray for that conviction that you will be ever aware of that attitude that you have, and the one that you desire.

I am praying.

I am ready to do some growing.

Thanks Andy! Awesome message today!

1 comment:

  1. amen lauren! this pumps me up. i heard an incredible message at church today too! love you loody

    ReplyDelete