Dear Baby Nursery-
I can still remember the smell of the fresh blue paint that Mr. Bob and Mrs. Kay painted on your on your walls. I remember going to pick out furniture with my mom back home. I can also remember getting our bedding...from the most unlikely place (my pal Megan's dad randomly picked it up at an auction and I LOVED it). I also remember when Hollie stumbled across the website to find all the "stuff" to match the bedding. I remember Tammy painting the details on Gage's name and book basket. I remember FINALLY deciding on a chair...oh the chair...many days and nights of rocking, many books read, and many times just sitting and watching Gage from that chair! I remember coming home from Philadelphia with my sweet new bundle of joy and him sleeping in his bed the very first night he was home. Its funny now, but it wasn't then, the first time I messed up his medicine and he puked all over Hollie- on that nice clean carpet- little did I know that would be my first of MANY mistakes. I am told I will make a lifetime of them as a mother. Gage had many firsts in you, sweet baby nursery. You have been good to him. It is time though to say goodbye to you. My sweet 7 week old that we brought home is now 29 months old. He is a "big boy" and in need of a "big boy room". He needs room to stretch his long legs and a place he can have new "firsts" in. The walls are still that same "baby blue" but everything else has changed. Our soft colors have been traded in for primary colors and our sweet frogs replaced with monster trucks. Our diaper genie has been replaced with a trash can (potty training is going GREAT...for this weekend anyway). I say goodbye to you nursery but welcome the next phase we are entering for it means many things. It means that God has had His hand on Gage for these 29 months and is holding all of Gage's organs in place-right where they belong. It means he is healthy and growing. It means that there is a storage building full of baby furniture that may be used again sometime- Lord willing. It means that Chris and I are blessed far beyond what we deserve. It means every time we walk in this special room of our home, we will always remember what is started as, and one I am learning right now...Gage will always be our baby!!
No comments:
Post a Comment