Monday, April 11, 2011

Do you ever...

have those days when you look at your "baby" and think...where did the time go? Do you ever let them stay up just a little later because you had a late day at work, took a while to cook dinner, and you just needed a little longer to soak it all up? Do you ever listen to the things they say and just laugh...right out loud...and so hard your sides hurt? Do you ever watch your husband watch your child and you just swell with happiness because you see the love he has for him? Do you ever look at your little one and wonder what is going on in that sweet little brain of his? Do you ever close your eyes and listen as your little man sings "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world, red and yellow, black and....mommy what about orange, pink, purple and brown? Precious! Do you ever BEG God to keep them innocent as long as possible, and to draw them to Himself as early as possible? Do you ever just stop for a minute, push pause in this busy life, and thank God for the here and now? The right now? It's the simple things in life that make it all worthwhile! Today I am thankful I had a great Spring Break last week, I got to return to a great job that I LOVE, I got to catch up with Hollie and my momma on the phone. I am thankful for the chance to cook dinner with Chris while Gage played trains in the middle of the kitchen floor, go visit with Stephanie and Becki and then to top of the night Chris and I gave Gage a bath and put him to bed. It is a simple life, but I love it. May I never take a day for granted and may I always take time to thank for God for little things! Do you ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment