Do you ever have those times when you have too much and nothing at all going on at the exact same time? School is out for the Summer yet my mind and heart spin tirelessly like I am being paid for it! That is where I am right now. I am in between a lot of thoughts about a lot of things. I am finding myself-not necessarily worried-just concerned-and in deep thought about several areas of my simple little life. If you could push pause and take a peek into my brain for any given 30 minute segment, here are some questions you may see fly by.
Who is going to pastor our church?
Hasn't SBC been through enough Lord?
Why do so many people that we love have to leave all at once? Again!
Will houses get sold, houses get bought, and everything work out for these people we love so much?
How will things turn out for my brother? Why him?
How will things turn out for my sister-in-law (my brother's wife)? Why her?
Can I really start first grade, while Gage starts Head Start, and Carter starts day care all at the same time?
Will I be able to wrap my mind around teaching first grade, after all I have never done it before?
I can think of 3 very young children right now facing life threatening illnesses...what will come of those situations? How are their families coping?
I can think of some friends at school whose mother is holding on to her sweet life by a thread...how will they handle what is to come?
In all of these thoughts, concerns, worries, whatever I choose to call them...God so faithfully whispers...Lauren...shhhhhh. Be still, sit down, and listen. Don't think. Don't talk. Don't try to do MY job. Don't plan. Don't figure. Don't ask everyone else their opinions and thoughts on these matters...just sit. Sit in silence. Sit in stillness. Concentrate on me. Let me wash over you- your mind-your body-your spirit. Now...listen.
The man that is going to pastor your church is the same man I chose for "such a time as this" before I even created the world and spun it into motion. I have it under control.
I have called SBC to big things. BIG things. Be faithful. Do what I ask. I will not lead you astray. People are leaving, I am not.
People come and go according to MY calling. Be it Ohio, North Carolina, Warner Robbins, or down the street. They come and go when I say, not when you think they should or should not.
I will supply all of their needs according to my riches! They are not worried-or concerned as you call it-nor should you be!
Your brother and sister-in-law are in my care as well. I do not desire that my children suffer, but I do desire that they seek me and find me with their whole hearts. I will reveal what needs to be revealed to them and about them when MY timing is right. You ask why them? Why not them? I have things that need to be accomplished that only they can accomplish. I want to use them in a special way to draw people to my side!
Yes, you really can begin teaching first grade while your boys begin their new school adventures. See...none of these things are a surprise to me. I allowed you to be moved to first grade. I allowed Gage to get into Head Start, and I allowed Carter a place at Day Care...I think we may have had this discussion before. As you know I keep no record of wrongs (worries) but if I did, I would be willing to bet this is not the first time you asked me that one!
My love is big enough to cover Abe, Kayden, Noah, and any other child who has an illness- life threatening or not. My grace and mercy are sufficient. YOU know that. From Philadelphia to Milledgeville- you know that! Be faithful to pray for these families as others did for you. For this too...I have a plan
Jamie and Jennifer love their momma so deeply-and I know that. I created that love in them for her. I also put in them a desire to love others, and to give and serve unconditionally, which they are so faithful to do. I also know their sweet, precious, tiny, and frail momma is so tired. She has fought and fought and fought. She will go when she is ready, and I will give them the strength they need. For them too...you need to pray!
God- you are so sweet to me. You are so sweet that in spite of my worries you have a calmness that overwhelms me. You allow me to soak up time with my boys. You allow me to enjoy the simple things in life. You allow me to see you all throughout the day. You use other people to speak to me heart and my soul. You do more than I could ever think or imagine. For these things I have mentioned above- and so much more- I give you praise for what you are going to do. I love you and thank you for loving me.
Monday, June 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment