Saturday, October 19, 2013

You gotta know when to hold em'...

know when to fold em'
know when to walk away
know when to run.

Who knew that those four short little lines said so very much? My sweet, wise, precious husband quotes them often (and usually in reference to something I am facing or dealing with)!

Here is my week in a nutshell and why I wished last week a big ole' fat GOODBYE!

Dear God,
I can't!
I'm tired. Exhausted.
Life, and all of the extra stuff it brings, is kicking my butt.
I miss you.
I miss my church. I haven't been in weeks...there is ALWAYS "something".
I miss my family. Again, there is ALWAYS "something".
I miss my house. Things are so busy, I haven't seen it much lately.

So, this week, after a good ole' CRY, and lots of prayer...I quit holding "it". I folded it, I began walking, and then I RAN (figuratively, of course).

I was reminded of these truths...

I can't but HE can!
I am tired because I have been trying to operate in MY strength and not HIS!
There will always be "extra stuff", and I need to prioritize, and adopt some balance. I could also use some perspective! I need to make time for what is most important, and let the other stuff GO. If I don't, church will rock on without me, my boys will be grown, and my house will not be a home, but simply a place where we sleep. This is not the life I desire, but rather the one I refuse to call mine!

So, each day got a little better this week. Each day my "to do list" got a few things crossed off here and there.

Today, however, was the highlight! I got to spend the day with the three sweetest and most handsome boys in Milledgeville, Ga. Chris was proud we came to see him. Gage was excited to see his daddy at work. Carter, as always, was just happy to be with us! Tomorrow I get to go to church. I get to see my church family. I get another afternoon at home with my boys. As a family we get to spend time with friends at Boddie Projects...and as if God were in charge of this crazy thing called life, I have Monday OFF. A day to rest, relax, and recharge. Right on time!

All of that said to say this...my list of "life lessons" has continued to grow!

Close your eyes and breathe deep.

Only say things that will benefit those around you, and keep the rest to yourself.

 Do what you can do, and let the rest go. If it really NEEDS to get done, it will.

God is for us, not against us...often times, we are against ourselves.

God is sweet to teach us life lessons, even if they are hard ones.

I am a blessed girl...blessed FAR beyond belief!

No comments:

Post a Comment